Monday, October 20, 2008

Follow-up & links

In the previous post I reported on a coversation with others in which I had suggested that during the last Presidential debate McCain had admitted to negative ads while my associates argued McCain never did this; they said it was Obama who confessed to negative ads. Well, I found a couple of links to the last Presidential debate. The transcript may be found at http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/10/debate-transcri.html and a video may be found at http://www.hulu.com/watch/39468/presidential-debate-08-presidential-debate-october-15-2008 The transcript reveals McCain did admit to negative ads ("And the fact is, it's gotten pretty tough. And I regret some of the negative aspects of both campaigns. But the fact is that it has taken many turns which I think are unacceptable.") It also reveals Obama never answered the question and never admited to negative ads.

Check it out for yourself.

The question remains, why do we hear what we want to hear once we have chosen a candidate?

At any rate, don't confuse me with the facts; I've already got my mind made up.

1 comment:

babydoc1030 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.