Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I am Thankful for Spring

I enjoy all of the seasons but spring is my current favorite. Summer is a time for outside work and recreation. I love the outdoors in the summer almost as much as I cherish air conditioning: work, sweat, and cool off. The fall is an even better time to work out side. It is also a great season for travel and enjoying the beauty of God’s creation. Winter allows for a slower pace. I don’t like being cold. Sitting around a cozy fire just breeds contentment. But I must admit the shorter days are depressing.

Spring however combines the best of the other three. It is the perfect time to work outside, not too hot or too cold. It invites recreation. If a cozy fire inside during winter is comforting a fire outside in the spring is like being wrapped in the blanket of creation. Spring is a time of new beginnings. Baby birds are hatching. The trees are in full bloom. The bees are pollinating the blossoms. Life is bursting forth everywhere you look. Spring is the season of hope.

Cleveland, Tennessee
April 7, 2010
JDJ

No comments: