Saturday, May 8, 2010

I am Thankful for a Safe Trip Home

Cheryl came home from Sweden with the symptoms of mono. Her doctor did blood work and said she had some other viral infection. I caught whatever it is from her. The symptoms are a recurring sore throat, muscle aches, sore glands, headaches and fatigue. All of these come and go. Most of the time I feel quite well, but when the fatigue hits I struggle to stay awake.

This morning I awoke with allergies gone wild (send $19.95 for the video) and with the symptoms of the virus. By the time the AMERC Board meeting ended at noon I was exhausted. Traffic was horrible and I was sleepy until I took a nap at a rest area. That’s a first for me. OK, the second time I have taken a nap at a rest stop. The first time I was driving a U-haul from Minot, North Dakota to Cleveland. I had driven about 45 hours straight when I took that nap.

I am thankful for God’s constant watch care and a safe arrival home.

Cleveland, Tennessee
May 8, 2010
JDJ

No comments: