Friday, October 29, 2010

I am Thankful for a Safe Drive to Virginia

Cheryl and I got up early this morning (5 AM) and drove to Haymarket, Virginia for Camdyn’s seventh birthday tomorrow. I should reflect on the occasion later. Tonight, I am sleepy and incoherent after an evening of “Candyland” and video games with Charlie. I am thankful for the safe drive. We did not see an accident even though the traffic was heavy at times. Also, I am happy to announce the recession appears to be over. I know this because the state of Virginia has invested huge sums of money in blue lights; they are everywhere. And the answer is no, I didn’t pick up any green-stamps personally. (If you are too young to understand the metaphor, ask your grandparents.)

Haymarket, Virginia
October 29, 2010
JDJ

No comments: