Monday, October 4, 2010

I am Thankful This Series Will End

Of late, I have felt mentally depleted when it is time to write for this blog. I confess it often feels like a chore. I made a commitment to myself and I intend to keep that commitment, but it is not easy at this time of the year. My work at the seminary is taxing; New Covenant is exciting but draining as well. I don’t feel especially exhausted. It’s more like I have already picked the low-hanging fruit of thankfulness, things that were easy to write about, and now it is work.

There is so much for which I am thankful about which I have not yet written, but writing about those things is requiring considerable effort. It is a challenge to try to be thankful, engaging, entertaining, and hopefully enlightening all at the same time. I’m tired, not of being thankful but of writing about being thankful. Therefore, as meaningful as this experience has been, I am thankful it will end in less than three months. Just being honest. Pray saints, pray.

Cleveland, Tennessee
October 4, 2010
JDJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm praying. I will miss your articles. Oh the memories they provoked.
Shirley