Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I am Thankful for My Health

I am 56 years old and I am in pretty good health. I have had seasonal allergies (all 4 seasons) all of my life and I have been on allergy shots for years (currently monthly). I take an AREDS formula vitamin/mineral supplement because I had signs of possible macular degeneration but it was caught early and has not developed. I use to wear glasses but my eyesight has improved to the point I seldom need them. I have sleep apnea and sleep with a CPAP. I have flat feet and I have to be careful to get the correct shoes. I have a problem with a nerve in my left foot but I was prescribed over-the-counter B-complex and B-12 vitamins so that it seldom bothers me. (I was told I would need surgery within 5 years and that was over ten years ago.) I take over-the-counter fish oil twice a day. I also take a small aspirin and a couple of other supplements daily. I am on two prescribed medications both of which are highly typical for my age and they both seem to work quite well. I have injured my back a few times but nothing serious. I think that’s everything other than the collar bone a broke several years ago.

I exercise for thirty to forty minutes most mornings: low impact aerobics and light weights mostly. Without exercise my back bothers me at night. I am determined to keep it in good enough condition to not injure it accidentally. In short, I have a few annoying physical issues but no major health problems. Other than a tonsillectomy, I have never had surgery. Physically, I can do anything I want to do. When I see people suffering with chronic, debilitating conditions I am so aware my ailments are minor. I am also aware that physical health is a gift to be cherished and protected. I am thankful for my health.

Cleveland, Tennessee
January 19, 2010
JDJ

1 comment:

Dan said...

I thank God every day for perfect health. I always testify that I have never broken a bone BECAUSE, from the day I was born and every day since, my mama has prayed that I would never break a bone.