Thursday, January 7, 2010

I am Thankful for my Truck




I drive a 2001 Chevrolet S-10 pickup with a five-speed manual transmission. I bought it new nine years ago this spring. It has over 130,000 miles on it. I have spent relatively little on repairs. It gets decent gas mileage. It runs good (so far). It has a few small dents, a crack in the windshield and the new smell is long forgotten, but I love my truck. It fits me like a glove and gets me where I want to go. It gives me a sense of freedom and productivity. I can haul feed or fertilizer without effort and I don’t have to worry about keeping it clean. The radio and air conditioner still work. Best of all, I haven’t had to make payments in five years. Honestly, I do thank God for my truck almost every time I drive it and only occasionally do I dream of a new Silverado –power windows and seats and real towing power (and better gas mileage by the time I buy, I hope).

Cleveland, Tennessee
January 7, 2010
JDJ

2 comments:

Phil Hoover said...

great post as usual.

Darlene said...

Didn't see this one coming, should have after yesterday's but didn't. Love reading your post.