Sunday, January 17, 2010

I am Thankful for My Tractor


My favorite toy is my tractor. It is a Case IH Farmall Compact tractor with a 23 HP diesel motor. (My Dad, Uncle Vernon, and Grandfather each owned a Farmall.) I use it most often to haul hay out to my horses and cows. But I also use the front end loader a lot for a variety of purposes: moving dirt, pushing down small trees, pushing up small stumps. Once or twice a year I over-seed my pasture, or put out fertilizer, etc. The tractor with all of its implements cost more than my truck, but it has been paid off for more than a year. It is extremely helpful for all kinds of projects. I am most thankful when it is time to put down a new fence post. On those days it is more than a gift from God; it is a miracle worker. (I have two manual diggers that I have worn out in rocky soil) Best of all, my grandchildren love it. I am thankful for my tractor.

Cleveland, Tennessee
January 17, 2010
JDJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think your tractor is sexy.
Cheryl