Sunday, February 14, 2010

I am Thankful for the Masses Who Read This Blog

[For those who were expecting something special for Valentine’s Day, see my earlier entry, “I am Thankful for Finding my Pearl of Great Price” -- January 21, 2010.]

I started this blog a couple of years ago for a variety of reasons. I needed a creative outlet. I want to develop my writing skills. I have a compulsion to communicate – I have early childhood fixations on communication generated by a severe speech impediment. There were some things I wanted others to know about me that may have been lost along the way. I started this series on thanksgiving because I felt convicted that it was an area I needed to work on. I have found it a wonderful and helpful practice.

I never had delusions this would become a must-read blog. I do monitor the number of visitors. In recent weeks about ten different people look at the site on any given day. I know who most of you are and I am thankful for your attentiveness. The majority are close relatives and friends. I don’t know of any regular reader who doesn’t fit into one of those categories. Your complements whether spoken in person, over the phone, or as a comment on the blog are appreciated.

Thank you for reading. I would complete this series if no one read it. It is important to me that I finish what I started. It is critical for me to develop the discipline of being thankful. I have much more to learn about this basic Christian attribute. The exercise of articulating and communicating thanksgiving is a worthwhile endeavor that I would recommend to everyone.

Your comments, especially those that point to strengths in my writing are helpful. They also feed my ego. I will accept full responsibility for being humble, but I don’t think any of you have to worry about me being overcome with pride until my readership swells to at least double its current size and AP picks it up. In the mean time feel free to comment; you can even disagree or point out flaws. I’ll still love you after I block your access.

Cleveland, Tennessee
February 14, 2010
JDJ

1 comment:

Phil Hoover said...

"Block my access"? HOW COULD YOU? LOL