Sunday, June 27, 2010

I am Thankful for Happy News

My life centers around people. I love being a pastor, walking with people through the ins and outs of life. I enjoy teaching at a seminary, at least the aspects of instruction and guidance. In short, my life is full of people, ideas and challenges. It’s great, but overwhelming at times. Consequently, I hesitate when new communication is thrust upon me; the mail, or a phone call, or email are likely to bring more responsibilities, one more ball to juggle.

I cherish my privacy. I like being alone. I retreat into manual labor. In this I find renewal, strength for the next challenge.

From time to time the electronic interruption of life brings happy news: a prayer has been answered, a baby has been born, a dream assignment has been offered. This week a dear friend and former student called to tell us he and his wife are expecting their first child. Good news makes the soul happy.

Cleveland, Tennessee
June 27, 2010
JDJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a teaser.