Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I am Thankful to be Home

There is no place like home. Home is the center of the universe. Place is important because place and people are connected. The center of the universe is that place where the people dearest to our heart are connected. They may have lived with us there or been frequent quests or even been present only in our hearts, but they belong with us in that place.

We have shared life in all of its textures in this place and we call it “home.” Most of us are blessed to have two homes, the home of our parents and the home of our adult life. As long as my father lived I drew comfort in knowing I could go home. I was always welcome; I always belonged. Home is so much more than a house; it is a place of memory and hope, responsibility and privilege, and despair and tranquility. There is no place like home.

I have a third home where everything and evereybody I most cherish connect.  I have never been there but I know I belong.  I know this because having never been there, I am there.  My redeener lives and He is enthroned there.  He is with me here and I am with Him there.  I have not gazed upon its skyline or polished its golden streets or heard its angelic choirs, but I am, in Christ, already there.  By grace I belong.

Cleveland, Tennessee
June 16, 2010
JDJ

No comments: