Thursday, November 18, 2010

I am Thankful for my Students

Today was the last day of my classes for this semester. I had thought this was going to be an easy semester for me, but things got complex and it became one of those “the faster I go the farther behind I get” terms. The students made it a rewarding semester. I had a wonderful mix of students: internationals, experienced pastors, and young adults with little experience. One troubling trend is that I only had two female students, not counting a couple of directed studies.

I have not yet graded their papers but, based on class discussions, I am convinced on the whole they have a better grasp of the big issues than most classes. More importantly, they see the implications. I am thankful.

Cleveland, Tennessee
November 18, 2010
JDJ

No comments: