Friday, November 26, 2010

I am Thankful for Thanksgiving Leftovers

It is the day after Thanksgiving. So far, for lunch I had a ham sandwich. For dinner, I had a plate full of sweet potato casserole, dressing with gravy, and turkey. At various points I have indulged in fruitcake and pecan pie. It was all good, almost as good as yesterday.  I have felt no guilt. I have extended my thanksgiving for the blessings of God. It is He who feeds me, clothes me, and provides shelter. He gives me family and friends. He gives me a thankful heart and cause for thanks. Leftovers are a reminder the blessings of God are extended from day to day. They are also a promise there will be another Thanksgiving. The blessings of God don’t have to be new in order to be renewed every day. Okay, I know there is a limit to this metaphor, but I am thankful for the leftovers, at least I am thankful today. Tomorrow I’ll work on transformations; turkey and  dumplings anyone?.

Cleveland, Tennessee
November 26, 2010
JDJ

No comments: