Saturday, February 16, 2013

Make Your Redemption Complete




 
Father,
You hold all things together
You make all things new
Your redemption is perfect
Purchased out of death
Unto life, abundant life
Our destiny is purity and perfection
Not a static state of endless protection
Rather, a dynamic embrace of all we have known
And all that is yet to be shown
 
 
Yet I scarce believe you will transform
My brokenness into wholeness
My pain into pleasure
My sorrow into joy
Betrayal into fidelity
Evil into good
 
 
Can these dry bones live?
Can they be transfigured?
Can they join the pulse
Of Your pure heart?
Contain the flow
Of Your boundless love?
Can they endure the glory
Of Your consuming face?
Can they survive the power
Of Your holy embrace?
Can they ever grasp the beauty
Of Your matchless grace?
Can they know
As they are known?
 
 
Will all things be made new?
Will my memories remain
And yet be changed?
Can these thoughts
Enjoy transubstantiation?
Can all that I am
All I have known
Be engulfed in Your beauty?
What grace must you apply
To the emptiness of my being
That I might fit
Into the fullness of Your image?
 
 
 Let every thought
Be imprisoned to Your Majesty
Every recollection
Made factual and true
Every betrayal
A revelation of Your fidelity
Every pain
A song of Your goodness
Every disappointment
A hymn to Your faithfulness
Every threat of death
A proclamation of Your life
 
 
Let every fiber of my being
From the time you wove me together
In my mother’s womb
Through every breath I have drawn
Every joy and every sorrow
Past, present, and for all tomorrows
For as long as I am
Proclaim boldly Your greatness
Your faithfulness
Your beauty
And Your mercy
 
 
Savior,
At your appearance
May I sing in harmony
With the symphony
Of Your creation?
Breathed upon by your Spirit
May I dance that flawless dance
Of the redeemed
Moving in the splendor
Of Your presence?
 
 
In that day
When all that is gives You glory
Martyrs and saints singing your praise
Angels continuing their ancient anthem
Flowers, plants and trees
Joining in the revelry
The crown of thorns
now a royal diadem
The cross unfolded
Bejeweled as your throne
 
 
In that day
All creation will your name revere
Every nation bowing every knee
The pit too will sing
Of the beauty of Your holy mountain
Hell itself will then proclaim
The righteousness of Your reign
And the splendor of Your Name
Judgment will your grace reveal
As the peoples gather to be healed.

 
The damned will bear witness
To Your mercy
In Your presence
Consumed by Your absence
Touched by Your love without end
Unknowing but revealing
The greatness of Your plan.
 
 
 And so we plea
Come quickly Lord Jesus
Fill all things with Your presence
Make all things new
Make Your Redemption Complete!
 
February 2009
 

No comments: