Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I am Thankful for an Evening of Rest

Rest is a gift from God. I have lived my life on the cutting edge of stress. There is always more that can be done, should be done. My idea of rest has often been to shift between projects for a season. Of late, I have reflected on the need to truly rest, to do nothing. [I confess I have actually been working on some course work most of the evening, but at a leisurely pace.] It may be that the best I can hope for is the pseudo-rest of peace-in-work. But I am determined to learn to do nothing and feel no guilt and that as a routine in my life. At least I feel good about that plan.

Cleveland, Tennessee
September 8, 2010
JDJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did that this summer as I practiced for retirement. It was great. My blood pressure dropped so low I got to cut my meds in half. I'm trying to continue the practice even though school has stated back. So far so good. Hope you learn how.
Shirley